Frequently Asked Questions
Who are your clients?
I work with individuals and couples of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and relationship structures. My clients see or sense an area in their romantic or sexual life that needs improvement or expansion, and are ready to invest time and money to receive expert help doing so. My clients are creative, love to learn, and are ready to do the work.
Some of the issues and underlying feelings my clients come to me for coaching for:
- Don’t know what they want or enjoy sexually, but want to find out
- Want to heal sexual shame and trauma
- Experience low desire, feel sexually depleted, or are lacking that creative “spark” of the erotic
- Don’t know how to communicate their sexual needs, desires, and fantasies
- Want to reignite passion in a long-term relationship in which sex and eroticism has waned
- Have mismatched libido, sexual desires, or values around sex in a relationship
- Aren’t having, or are struggling to have, the orgasms they want
- Want to learn skills to enhance pleasure
- Want to accept or love their body more authentically
- Feel “in their head,” distracted, or anxious during sex, or struggle with performance anxiety
- Need help navigating the dating scene and attracting the right kind of partner
- Feel guilty or confused about desires, sexual orientation, or gender identity
- Want to introduce new sexual experiences into their life (sex toys, threesomes, swinging, kink, BDSM)
- Want to explore ethical non-monogamy (either having sex with or dating multiple people with everybody’s knowledge and consent)
What does a Sex Coaching session consist of?
- Sex Coaching consists of personalized, pleasure based sex education, helping individuals and couples overcome concerns regarding sex and relationships, reframing thoughts and beliefs around sex and relationships, helping optimize dating profiles and develop dating skills, connecting clients with resources like books, websites, community groups, or media from my lending library, and coaching individuals in nontraditional lifestyles in the absence of societal norms and role models.
- There is no pre-defined process, as each client’s needs are unique. You set the agenda!
How is Sex Coaching different from Therapy?
- Sex Coaching is focused on the future, not the past, and is goal oriented. Less important than how you got here is what you’re going to do about it!
- Sex Coaching is non-pathologizing and does not use a disease model. Sex Coaching operates from the foundation that you are whole and capable of overcoming your struggles with some help.
- Sex Coaching is short-term. You will start seeing results immediately.
- Sex Coaching is non-hierarchical: although I am an expert in sexuality, I will not talk down to you or tell you what to do. I help empower you with knowledge to make the choices that are right for you.
- Sex Coaching uses home assignments between sessions to continue your journey and see progress sooner!
- Sex Coaching does not aim to diagnose or treat psychological disorders or medical conditions.
How much does a session cost?
- Please see the Coaching & Services page for current pricing information.
Do you take insurance?
- No, I do not accept insurance.
Where do you see clients?
- I see clients in person in the KC Metro area in Kansas. I also see clients worldwide via Zoom.
How long does a session last?
- A Sex Coaching session lasts a full 60 minutes.
Important Note: I do not have intimate contact with my clients or provide erotic entertainment. Sex Coaching is talk only.